Search

Gareth Chadwick

Graphic Designer

Category

Experiments

Label Design Progression

Here is a selection of some of the bottle label developments I have worked on. I am extremely happy with how my branding how now turned out. I wanted each label to have only a subtle difference between each flavour.

Screen Shot 2016-05-09 at 18.15.40

Zombie Texture Experiments

Here shows a process I have taken in order to create the zombies that will be used as a graphic within my ‘Z’ branding.

Screen Shot 2016-05-22 at 19.49.43Screen Shot 2016-05-22 at 19.49.49

Logo Design Process

Here shows a selection of some of the design process I have gone through to create my ‘Z’ logo. I am extremely pleased with where it has taken me from idea generation to the final thing.

Screen Shot 2016-05-22 at 19.49.20Screen Shot 2016-05-22 at 19.49.29logosplatter

Beer Mat Designs

 

Here shows how I have used the laser cutter to cut out the shape of a zombie hand. Central to the palm of the hand is my logo for the zombie beer brand. To get to this point, I initially drew around my own hand in order to get the shape. I then drew over it, making small indents to make it have that zombie effect. The beer bottle will fit nicely over the circle design on the beer mat.

Experimenting with background effects

Here are a range of background designs I have been experimenting with for the Z beer brand. I want it to look fun and colourful as a representation of the blood as opposed to dark red and gory. I feel that I have made good progress in the design process and am pleased with the results.

 

More Texture Experiments

Here is a selection of some of the experimentation progress I have made throughout my zombie beer project testing different ways of creating textures as a result of using the risograph printer.

Texture Experiments

Here shows a variation of different texture experiments I did. To create this effect, I scanned in the physical experiments I did using the printing process and I edited them further by adding colour and adding different layers on top of each other.

It was interesting to see the different effects created from changing the colours and levels in photoshop. I wanted to create a feel that would suit the apocalyptic theme to fit alongside my final project.

 

Here I added type to the texture to see how this could be overlaid over the background. It is interesting to see how the digital typeface looks in different colours/overlays as it creates different results.

 

Here shows some further experimentation with different inked backgrounds with some different results created. I am pleased with the different styles made with the different digital experiments I did. It also fits into the apocalyptic feel of abandonment and this style of editing could be useful in my final project.

 

Here I experimented onto the risograph print by digitally adding texture over the top. It suits the apocalyptic feel. However, I am not sure that this part of the experiment is as successful as the previous textures I created.

Zombie Vector Experiments

As part of my final project, I want to create a beer brand based around the zombie apocalyptic theme. Here shows some of the results of the experimenting I did.

Screen Shot 2016-02-04 at 16.10.36

Zombie vectors I created.

 

I am quite pleased with the results here. It is interesting to see how adding the grunge texture I had previously created works on top of the vector. It all ties in well with the theme and creates that zombie feel. I would definitely like to use this editing technique within my final project.

 

Here are the results of me experimenting with a combination of the vectors and textures I created. I feel like this also suits the zombie apocalypse theme and looks very grunge-like and dirty. I will also use this technique in my final project.

Type Experiments

Here shows some of the digital editing I did with the results of the physical letterpress printing process.

Here I took the word ‘start’ from the letterpress print result and used photoshop to edit the effects to create different styles. I wanted it to look grunge-like to suit the zombie apocalyptic theme. I then layered them onto different edited textures I had previously experimented with to see what a combination of the different edits could create.

 

More experiments with styles and textures but with the word ‘Finish’ from the letterpress print result. I just wanted to see if I could get a result that would be worth using in the same way for my final project. Although I am not overly impressed with the result of the type effect, it would be interesting to use the same editing technique with more results within my final project.

Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.

Up ↑